• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

problem removing fuel injector rail bolt

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
I need to remove the fuel injector rail on my 92 cherokee 4.0. 3 of the bolts came out fine. one seems to be siezed and the head stripped out. the angle is not good to get a pair of vice grips on it. I am kind of leary using a chisel and hammer or cut-off tool becuase i need to use the fuel rail on the engine i am swapping in. what are my other options? thanks

What about the manifold itself? You could take a big drill bit and drill the head off. That would leave the "stud" in the manifold. Once it's out you could drill again using an easy out on the remains.

take a dremel and cut a slot in the bolt, use a big screwdriver and get it out?

thanks for those 2 ideas guys,will try them when i get back to work on it tomorrow. the drill idea might work,i don't need the manifold because i am doing the 2000 upgrade along with my engine swap.

Use a smaller pilot drill to start the hole so you can center it better. Then switch to a bit that bigger than the shank. Once you reach the rail bracket, the head should just pop off. Just like drilling out pop rivets.

Back