• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Ideas??--outside of rotating tires

99 XJ Sport

NAXJA Forum User
Well I had installed the skyjacker 3inch lift on my 99 xj and new tires the whole bit. Had the jeep aligned, and everything fell within spec with the alignment and everything under the front end was tight. No loose tie rods or ball joints. that was about 2 thousand miles ago and not im starting to notice whats called 'feathering' on the outside edges of my front two tires. I've talked to a few people localy about the prob and they gave a few ideas to what it could be. Check the hubs and maybe upper ball joints, but everything is solid. A friend brought up adjustable ball joints but no parts places around my area have listings for such an item. All in all im just tryin to get some feed back to solve this problem before it gets any worse. ANY ideads will be greatly appreceated. Thanks!

--99 XJ Sport

You said everything was in spec with the alignment, who did the alignment? If you had it done at a shop, I would take it back and have it checked again. It sounds like you might have too much negative toe or something is bent. Mopar offers offset upper ball-joints if they are needed here are the part numbers I have used in the past, I got them at my local dealer.

5014876AA .5 degree
5014877AA 1.0 degree
5016972AA 1.5 degree
They are not cheep but the work great.

Back