• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering play

jeepnuts311

NAXJA Forum User
hey all,
just did a home alignment on my lifted XJ (4.5" RE) and the fronts of the tires are 1/8 of an inch closer than the rear. (followed gojeeps website).

wobble was still there, so i was going to rotate the tires, and i had the left tire in the air, and the right tire on the ground.

if i move the left tire, the right tire does not move, and there is play in the steering. the draglink rotates upwards and pulls the tierod with it. it kinda compresses. doesnt seem like it should happen.

i understand it needs to be able to compress over bumps, but does this sound right?

-Tim

can u get a pic of where u are seeing the movement? i am thinking pitman arm idler arm or possibly the center link. (depending on where the moving part conects) is what sounds like is needing replacement. but i dunno pics help for sure!

Back