• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ing. Coil

canadian_xj

NAXJA Forum User
I have been having a few isssues with the XJ. '91 AW4 4.0L. When under load it would start to hesitate, almost like it would stall then restart. I also have the same issue when I hit a good size bump or pothole. Lately it has been getting very bad.

On the forum, I read a thread about similiar issues. One of the replies from another XJer was that it was the coil. I thought hey, that sounds like a valid point. So I go to the parts store to get a coil. My coil still works btw. I replace my coil with the new one. Hook up both the plug to the cap and the lead going into the coil and bolt it in. When I went to start it I got no ignition, turns over just fine though.

My question is, could the coil be bad right out of the box or is it not the right coil? I did put my old coil back in and I seem to not have the same issue anymore.

Weird........

Back