• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just need an opinion

Msuvoski

NAXJA Forum User
swapping in a Full width D44 in the front, in the future. What would u say is a good tire size to run on a D44, Rear axle will be D60. I was thinking somewhere around 37-39 but let me have some opinions!

On a stock dana44? Ide run a 38 TOPS....and even at the ide upgrade the axle. No stock axle is bullet proof. A built 60 can break on 38s. Its all about how you wheel, and how you build it. I think you need to set yourself one a tire size...than build for that. Dont build and than set a tire size

I wouldn't do any bigger than 35s on stock shafts (you'll probably be able to break it pretty easily still), and you may be able to get away with 37s on upgraded shafts, although you will probably be blowing up hubs at that point.

Speaking of tire sizes on a 44....there was a guy that used to show up at all the Trucks Gone Wild events in Lakeland...FS Chevy, LP D-44....every single event he broke the front end. A couple of times he sheared the ears on the shafts and shoved the ball joints right out of the C's....he broke R&P's...he twisted axles....and all he could do is bad mouth the parts and badmouth the axle shop....this is on a 4 linked full size Chevy with a BIG BLOCK with NITROUS and running 44" BOGGERS....He deserves a great big HERE'S YOUR SIGN!!!!!.....

Back