• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For Sale: Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels 16x8 - WSubs Chicago

MGrobe

NAXJA Member #968
I am in the Western Suburbs of Chicago not far from Randy's (IntrepidXJ) house.

I have a set of four Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels for sale. I have had them for 1.5 years for use with my daily driver tires, but they have only been on the road for about 9 months. They are 16x8 with the standard 5x4.5 bolt pattern. They should be 3.75” BS. Here is a chart from MT with them in it. http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/wheels.php?item=ClassicII

I originally bought them from Discount Tire with a set of tires. I paid probably $140 a piece for them from there, but I wanted to deal with one vendor if there were any problems with them. I know Desert Rat sells them for $120 so online they are less expensive.

The reasons I am looking to sell them are as follows.

I like the look of the black rim better. It’s a matter of preference, but it turns out that they don’t quite look like I thought they would.

I can’t clean them myself and it obvious that they require more maintenance than what I am able or willing to perform by myself.

I already bought a set of black steel rims to replace them. All I have to do is go to Discount Tire and switch them. They are about 10 pounds lighter than the replacement steel rims, so that is a positive.

Now I don’t have to sell these as I could use them for my off-road wheels (they were for my daily driver tires) so I won’t be giving them away, but I am willing to be pretty reasonable on my price (I think I have a number in my head).

Make me a reasonable offer either on list or via PM and we’ll see if it enticing enough for me.

Thanks.

-Marc-

As coincedence would have it I did swap wheels today at my local Discount Tire. So these wheels are neatly stacked in the corner of my garage. So please no pushing or shoving, make a nice orderly line and you to can have a chance to own these sweeeet wheels.

I think I am going to stand pat with these. My current off-road tires on my 15" steelies are starting to flat spot, so I may have a need for these wheels sooner than originally expected.

Back