• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thought I would share.......

mgreen84

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry if you guys are aware of this but I got aggravated trying to find insulators or spacers locally...... (seem to only be available on the web)

Thought I would share:

I am trying to accomodate for added weight on my lifted XJ. I needed about an inch or so in the front to make things nice and level... (an inch!! must be obsessive compulsive)I'm also inpaitient so I went back to work to find a way to gain an inch (work at Advance Auto) Most local parts stores do not list coil insulators or spacers as readily available so I decided to research all the TRW parts we had available and found these:
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=TRW&MfrPartNumber=CC100

They are about 1/4 inch a piece and fit together, you have to trim the lip off the top ones. They aren't made of plain rubber, according to the box they "consist of a propylene and rubber compound" they are much harder than rubber and I used 4 stacked and they work awesome. I would not suggest using more than 4, for obvious reasons but at 2 bucks a piece and readily available, it makes it easy to gain and fine tune an inch for anyone who is obsessive compulsive like myself.... thought I would share!!

Back