• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 tire size

rubiconrescue

NAXJA Forum User
whats the biggest tire you have seen on a D30 and whats the biggest you would run. im thinking of running some 36 rocks but im scared i will be replacing alot of shafts.........Comments:read: .

i have a 8.8 allready geared and spooled ready to bolt in this week.

it will be wheeled decently not raged out to the wall but pretty good.

not sure on year or shafts....picked up with the 8.8

I've got a 30 spline d30, and I've been flogging it on 35's for the last 9 months without a problem. Dan Turner (LooseNuts) runs 36" Iroks on his and hasn't had any major issues either.

Its just a matter if knowing when to let off the gas.

cluck cluck, cluck cluck

I run 31's with chromo inners & outers locked. I could certainly go to 33's but then its more fun to finesse my 31's past the guys with broken D30's and 33's or 35's that thought bouncing the front end was the way to get over and obstacle.

I am still happy with 31's.

cluck cluck, cluck cluck

John

nosigma said:
...the guys with broken D30's and 33's or 35's that thought bouncing the front end was the way to get over and obstacle....

Thats exactly my point, knowing when to let off the gas.

i run 35s on my locked d30, and havn't had any problems. seen 36 inch swampers on a LP d30 also..lol.

on the other hand i have seen people break shafts on locked 31 though. i know when i can be hard on mine, and i know when to be easy. but im more of a trail, hill climb, mud guy...no rock bouncing for me

Have had my ARB lock HP d30 w/ 297joints on 35s now for 2.5 yrs. Its my DD and all i've had to do is change the unit bears just recently. B4 35s it was on 31s for 2 years. My buddy with a TJ has his on 35s aswell no problems.

i have run 36 iroks for a while and they are one of the lighter radials out there - 4.56 and a lunchbox locker - one broken shaft in a tight spot

other than that 33 for 3 years no problem same set up

nosigma said:
its more fun to finesse my 31's past the guys with broken D30's and 33's or 35's

Isn't that the truth? I have found that too many people overbuild for the trails they run and/or don't know how to off road worth a sh*t.

I'm still on 29's and a budget boost....and I have impressed many so called "better" Jeeps.

A mild Jeep with a good driver is still better than a built rig with a dumbass behind the wheel.

j99xj said:
Isn't that the truth? I have found that too many people overbuild for the trails they run and/or don't know how to off road worth a sh*t.

I'm still on 29's and a budget boost....and I have impressed many so called "better" Jeeps.

A mild Jeep with a good driver is still better than a built rig with a dumbass behind the wheel.

Kind of disagree.. yeah 29's, 31's can do a lot but still tire size plays into where you wheel also...

As for good driver better than a built rig w/ a bad driver.. dont know, I've let my 14 year old brother wheel my jeep and he cant drive for crap.. just kidding Clay!

Back