• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's tie rod conversion steering

JMO4yaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I will be installing my used Rusty's Offroad steering setup, I have bought new tre's for the set up to eliminate any bad steering issuse from the start. I have been reading on here that some of you use a poly spacer on the pass. side tre to eliminate the tie rod from rotating( like the JCR steering) just wondering if I should do this from the get go or if there is anything else that would help this set up. I'm running a stock drag link with a HD tie rod on 6" of lift so I'm hoping this setup will be better than it is now. thanks

I never quite understood the reasoning for the spacer vs a dust boot. It seems like you wouldn't be able to grease the TRE very well, but yeah, i'm sure it would restrict movement quite a bit.....hopefully someone else will post something up who's actually done this....

JMO4yaXJ said:
I had the rusty's kit that you are installing and believe it would help a lot. How tall are you lifted? It might not be necessary, but based on my experiences of having the Rusty's kit and now JCRs I wouldn't hesitate to put a spacer in.

Eric

ewander said:
I had the rusty's kit that you are installing and believe it would help a lot. How tall are you lifted? It might not be necessary, but based on my experiences of having the Rusty's kit and now JCRs I wouldn't hesitate to put a spacer in.

Eric

I'm running a 6.5" RK 3-link, any other issuse that I could expect or address with this system, thanks

Back