• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replaced slave/master clutch cylinders pedal still dropped.

PosiDave

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced the sealed assembly for the clutch (Slave/Master cylinders) but when i press the clutch pedal down it won't rise back up. This is the second time the sealed assembly went and before it went this time the clutch itself seemed to be fine and not have a high pedal or anything. Any suggestions?

96 ,4.0, 4x4, 5spd.

We're running the same rig. Check the clutch pedal mounting assembly. It could be binding. Did you try moving it when the master was out?

If that's not it, I would suspect it's at the transmission end. Weak pressure plate and the throw out bearing is binding on the shaft.

Whose slave cylinder is it, aftermarket or OEM...

No help, but i'm about to do this mod on my 96. My release point is nearing the floor closer everyday. I ordered a OEM from chryslerpartsdirect.com.

Keep Us Posted. Thanks

Well it atleast starts but the clutch doesn't engage and it isn't sticking on by the pedal. The first replacement was from Autozone and sucked. This on was direct from chrysler and looks made better. ( the rod snapped on the other one). I am guessing it is the clutch because you can hear the rod on the slave cylinder pushing the fork and hear stuff not sounding so good by the clutch. so it looks like i am ordering a centerforce.

Sounds crazy but you might want to check on the other side of the plate that the slave cylinder pushes, there is a little retaining clip that is suppose to pull the plate back into place, you might want to check that because it can break at times. Hope that helps.:thumbup:

Back