• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrangler shocks on a Cherokee?

redneck

NAXJA Forum User
I have been getting parts to lift my cherokee and I found a guy who is selling a set of SX 6000 Tuff Country shocks that he had on a 06 Wrangler with a 2" BB. Will they work on a cherokee with a 3" lift?
Thanks,
Aaron

redneck said:
I have been getting parts to lift my cherokee and I found a guy who is selling a set of SX 6000 Tuff Country shocks that he had on a 06 Wrangler with a 2" BB. Will they work on a cherokee with a 3" lift?
Thanks,
Aaron
They only way to know 100% is to get out the trusty tape measure...
However, if I remember correctly when I purchased shocks for my ~2.75-3" lift the shocks in the front were spec-d for a 2" BB on a TJ. They ended up being slightly to long, but I raised it up soon after and had no issues at 3.5" in the front. Out back, I used XJ spec-d shocks so I can't be of any help.

Get the extended and compressed lengths from the seller and measure your rig, thats the only way to tell for sure.

Back