• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone use a 1" wheel spacer?

BlueCuda

NAXJA Forum User
Problem I have is I really like my wheels but, I hate my offset. I was wondering if anyone is running a 1" wheel spacer. They sell them I was just wondering what to do with the studs, I guess just shave whatever extends past the spacer? Thanks for any info!

Clark

I believe if you use 1.25" spacers the studs should be fine. Just make sure you buy hub concentric spacers.

That would put me at 3.25 BS which is a little much for my liking, but hell its just over 1/4" of the 3.5 I was shooting for I guess.

You can just cut the ends of the studs off, so they don't extend beyond the spacer.

TNT said:
I believe if you use 1.25" spacers the studs should be fine. Just make sure you buy hub concentric spacers.

2x I ran Spidertrax's on myold TJ, 305/70R16's on a Moab, for a year with no problems. I know some people that are running them with a 37 and beat the poop of them to. They aren't having a problem either.

If have only know one person that had wheel spacers and all five studs on the wheel spacer sheared off and the rim fell off in the mud.

I would buy new rims.

I know several people running billet wheel spacers, none with any trouble. I just don't of anyone running one that small. Thanks for the info.

I have 1" wheel spacers on my rear axle. I just took a grinder and shaved the ends of the studs down slightly. The looked like they might have been too long, but just barely. I shaved them just in case and probably only took off about 1/16"...

... and no my studs have not sheared off yet!! ;)

When I searched for wheel spacers I also was looking for 1". I found that M.O.R.E. had 7/8" spacers on the shelf that are hub-centric. I've been running them for approx. 2 years with no problems. Just my .02...

Ken

EricsXJ said:
I have 1" wheel spacers on my rear axle. I just took a grinder and shaved the ends of the studs down slightly. The looked like they might have been too long, but just barely. I shaved them just in case and probably only took off about 1/16"...

... and no my studs have not sheared off yet!! ;)

Good to Hear! I know I will have to take more than that off of the rear of mine at least. My 8.8 has some kind of alignment nipple on the end of the stud so it will have to go as well.

I am running a 1" spacer for more than a year. No problem up to now. It is important though to torque them to specks run the XJ around the block, re-torque them then continue to check/re-torque them until they no longer need to be re-torqued. At first I checked mine every week for a couple of months and had some of the bolts out of specs. This is very important onthe aluminium spacer due to heat expansion and contraction. This also help reduce the likely hood of a wheel falling off.

Oh yeah I will for sure do that, my wheels are aluminum so I am trained on that already.

I run 1 inch billet spacers on the front 44. I also cut the studs. Make sure you put a nut on the stud BEFORE you cut it, so the nut will clean the threads as you take it off.
No issues with the spacers, but its a trailer queen too.

dustin88 said:
If have only know one person that had wheel spacers and all five studs on the wheel spacer sheared off and the rim fell off in the mud.

I would buy new rims.

The reason for that was the inner lug nuts walked. It can happen. But if a guy torques them correctly and checks them after a day or so, they'll stick really good.

I threw a litttle red locktite on my old ones, just to be safe. I didn't bother with the ones I run now.

As a slight note, if you live in an area where they salt the roads, you might want to put some anti-seize on the face of them. Or they can kinda get stuck to the brake rotor and be really hard to get off. It takes a while for that to happen though.

DaffyXJ said:
I run 1 inch billet spacers on the front 44. I also cut the studs. Make sure you put a nut on the stud BEFORE you cut it, so the nut will clean the threads as you take it off.
No issues with the spacers, but its a trailer queen too.

Been there done that on cutting studs and bolts lol. Thanks for the info guys, time to order up.

Back