• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift questions

4xchad

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a 3" lift installed on my 92 cherokee. I have spacers in the front and shackles and lift blocks in the rear. I want to go about 2-3" taller but was wondering if I would have to do anything other than install the lift (lowering the transfer case, driveline too short, or u joint binding.)

Well, First thing Id do to get to 6" is get new upper and lower control arms, at least w/a 4" coil and only one spacer, 2"... get a leaf pack as big as you can in the rear, or make a bastard pack, and ditch the blocks. then a track bar, address your brake lines, and there's a chance a 1" tcase drop wont do it and youd need an SYE and new rear driveshaft.

This is the more expensive jump ;)

You sure your at 3" of lift with just spacers up front and blocks/shackles in the rear? I would suspect you are closer to 2" of lift?

If you go to about 4.5" of lift you can make due without new control arms, SYE, and trackbar most likely. You will eventually want to replace the LCA's and TB but you could do with out for a while. You will need new longer break lines, a YJ yoke, and the lift components.

For 6" of lift you should plan on at a minimum LCA's, TB, SYE plus everything else for the 4.5" of lift.

Michael

Back