• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New skyjacker without cradle?

BigFish

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,
I recently purchased a used Skyjacker 8" RR lift out of the newspaper for my 98 XJ w/d30 front 8.25 rear. Before I bought it I checked the pics of it online and noticed that it was missing the cradle that mounts on top of the front axle. I was told by the guy I bought it from that that is the way it is. I noticed on the skyjacker webpage that the 6" does not incude this cradle. I then called skyjacker and they told me that they redesigned it and that the cradle is no longer necessary for the 8" system. Then tonight when I was looking online at the skyjacker I noticed that it says that if you have a dana44/60 you don't need the cradle. Does anyone know for sure if I need it or not, and if I do need the cradle is it possible to buy just that piece from skyjacker?
Thanks

That would be correct if he has the new redesigned setup, if he has the older setup then he will need it

what sky jacker didnt tell you was the that the cradle for the 8" was poorly designed and that they all crack and fall apart under stress. search thru theads on sky jacker sub frames. i have been looking for a used sub frame since i like there mid arm system and would like to use it!what the cradle does is raise your uca mounting points for the 8" lift, so the upper arms sit level. it is not needed on for the 6" lift. so either go to 6" or raise your axle side mounting points.the cradle was crappy design period. 6" is more than enough lift in my opinion, 8" is going to cause you a lot of other issues.just my .02 Ray

Back