• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do i need an Aftermarket Trac bar??

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Well ive been running my 3" lift for a little over a year. and My lift has always measure about 3.5 in the front and about 3.75 in the rear. And ive always noticed a "Bottoming out feeling" when ive hit speed bumps in my neighbohood, now i dont know the rules to when you need to get a new trac bar but was wondering if that could be a reason of my less than comfortable ride?? i also heard that long arms make the ride much better as well?? I just installed Some TM SSV gas shocks and they are awesome so they helped out alot but something is still missing. A buddy of mine is running 6" and 33's and hes drives like a damn mercedes

TomH said:
Do you still have stock control arms? At 3.5" you would be pushing the limits of the control arms.

At least replace the lowers. At 4.5 you will need the uppers as well.......adjustable. IMHO....

track bar just keeps the diff centered i dont see it affecting the ride quality nearly as much as the control arms

Could be your tires and LCA's. When I put on a 3" lift it still ran smooth. Bought myself adjustable LCA's and BFG MT's and the ride became noticeably firmer. Not sure if the poly bushing on one side of the LCA was the culprit or the difference in the sidewall. But needless to say there was a difference.

My suspension has changed a lot since those days, but the ride has never softened back up to what it once was.

Shortly after my 3" lift I installed an adjustable track-bar. I did it to center the axle. I don't remember any change in ride quality or handling afterwards.

Sometimes you can drill a new hole in the axle-side bracket to recenter the axle with the factory track-bar. It's not a permanent fix, but is a good stop-gap until you decide which track-bar to run.

Back