• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winch Bumper

90Blue_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just finisher my winch bumper today. It is very strong, made of 6" channel and a half sheet of 1/4" plate. Everything was easy to fabricate. My best buddy did the welding so I'm sure it will hold up just fime.
The install was another matter altogether. Could not get the three bolts for the steering box to start. Used new bolts and a C-Rok inside plate. But that steering box kept wanting to lean towards the motor and I have read the horror stories of cross threaded bolts so I wanted everything lined up first. It finally decided to cooperate after about 2 hours of cussing at the darned thing. To top it off I had some sort of steering fluid leak with the box loose which I never saw before. That kept dripping in my face while I was trying to line everything up.
Finally got it started and then finished up all the other bolts. Everything snugged down except the three steering box bolts They are tight. Had to do that to drive it home.
I sat the winch in place but have not installed that yet maybe tomorrow or Monday we will have to see. Wifes day is on Sunday so have to comply with her wishes on her weekend day.
No pictures yet because I kept forgetting the camera while the build was going on. But if I can figure out how I will post some pictures after I get the winch installed and wired up.

xcm said:
cant figure out what is missing from your post....

....oh yeah... its missing pictures

I am pretty computer illiterate so dont know how to post pictures. I didn't take any from the build but will take some of the finished bumper if I can figure how to post them I'll do so.

Back