• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pre-Runner Suspension

XJoshua

NAXJA Forum User
Pre-Running is a word I recently discovered and is what I want to build my XJ into. Im not much into playing in the rocks as I am playing in the hills and mud. I believe prerunning is JeepSpeed basically. Im just woundering what I need to have a healthy prerunner. Suspension, Skids, Reenforcement, etc?

Im not wanting to build for JeepSpeed because the decal cost to much, but Im not wanting hardcore.

So if you guru's could fill me on what I need. Alot I can custom fab, but Im more stuck on suspension. 31s, 4.56RP, 4.5" lift Ill probally go with the super stiff Rustys suspension system. And large BS soft 8 wheels.

Specs on other XJs built for prerunning would be great aswell.

Thanks.

XJoshua said:
Pre-Running is a word I recently discovered and is what I want to build my XJ into. Im not much into playing in the rocks as I am playing in the hills and mud. I believe prerunning is JeepSpeed basically. Im just woundering what I need to have a healthy prerunner. Suspension, Skids, Reenforcement, etc?

Im not wanting to build for JeepSpeed because the decal cost to much, but Im not wanting hardcore.

So if you guru's could fill me on what I need. Alot I can custom fab, but Im more stuck on suspension. 31s, 4.56RP, 4.5" lift Ill probally go with the super stiff Rustys suspension system. And large BS soft 8 wheels.

Specs on other XJs built for prerunning would be great aswell.

Thanks.

The over rated search feature would have found this, extremely helpful, 11 page thread with input from some of the most knowledgeable guys on here. :)
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25592
Billy

some where on here I saw a pic of a jeep with a ford twin I beam setup on the front and the thing was very well built....

Your best bet is to buy one already built. Several people are selling trucks on JS forum that are perfect for what you're looking to do. You'll save a ton of cash.

Back