• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 XJ build

carlton989

NAXJA Forum User
Here are some pictures of my 99 XJ. I bought it like this in November with a BDS hybrid lift and 33's:

Cherokee%20Driver%20Side.jpg

And here it is about a month ago:

S4020013.JPG

Since I took the last pictures, I have cut the fenders a little more, put on 35" MTRs and 15x10" streetlocks, installed a set of Rock Lizard Fabrications Quarter Guards and a rear bumper from a 95 XJ, and bumpstopped the rear.

I am getting it regeared to 4.56 in the next couple weeks and going to install a lockright in the front as well.

The future plans included RE drop brackets and braces, ZJ 3.5" coils up front and DPG Offroad tcase and gas tank skids. I will post up some current pics of it soon.

Here is a list of all the current mods:

1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport
3.5" RE Super-Flex, RE Upper/Lower CA's, JKS Quicker Disconnects and BPE's, RE Monotubes, RE Hack and Tap SYE, DPG Off-Road Driveshaft, 35" MTR's, Powertrax No-Slip, Warn Rocker Guards, Rock Lizard Fabrications CB Mount and Front Bumpstops, DPG Off-Road Rear Bumpstops, Fenders Trimmed, OR Fab Front Bumper

Last edited:
blake & will, you both have nice white jeeps man, cant wait till i get mine done so we can go wheel some time. I know there is a bunch of folks going to tuttle memorial day, I just hope im ready to go by then.

KSXJ said:
I dought I will get too, have to finish moving still. but there needs to be a naxja wheeling event out there soon.

I call shotgun!!! :wave:

-Andrew

I'll go ahead and tell you go 4.88s with 35s, actually I don't see how you drive with 35s and stock gears. I'll just say wit h33s and 4.56s it greaat, but throw 35s on and its a wee bit sluggish. Find an 8.8 or d44 rear and go 4.88s.

i want to go 4.88, but my 8.25 already has a no-slip in it and if I went with a dana 44 or an 8.8, that would be more parts to buy if i wanted a locker. I'm gonna re-gear the axles I have and then if I ever want more gears, I'll probably get a new rear axle. I gotta regear it right now so I can stop wasting so much money on gas and having a dog on the highway.

I would like to be at Tuttle over Memorial weekend, but I will be in Europe. I will be there the weekend of Country Stampede, June 21 to the 24. You guys should head out. I would love to wheel with you guys!!!!

Last edited:
My jeep met its twin,
XJcleanpics002.jpg

did you do spacers and/or shackles on top on that 3.5 or is just how it sits with cut fenders?

.75" shackle and .75" coil spacer. It is pretty much a 4.5" SF kit. I replaced the brake lines, track bar, and disconnects. When it is all said and done, it will be pretty much the 5.5" HD lift, only with 3.5" springs for a lower COG.

Back