• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SHAKE,RATTLE & ROLL

bob mac

NAXJA Forum User
help !!
94 xj, stock tires, 2" lift....... not all the time but once in a while when i hit a bump the front end goes into a VIOLENT shimmy and shake until I slam on the brakes ad lock the front wheels.
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?
what do i have to replace to fix that problem??

Thanks in advance:flamemad: :flamemad:

CHECK YOU TRACK BAR MAKE SURE ALL BOLTS ARE TIGHT, CHECK ALL BALL JOINTS AND ALL STEERING LINKS AND STEERING SHOCK, I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ON MY JEEP ONE TIME WAS THE TRACK BAR WAS LOOSE
AND THE OTHER WAS WHEN I LIFTED IT TO 7 INCHS AND THE ALIGNMENT WAS WAY OUT. SO CHECK EVERYTHING OVER.:shhh:

I second the Track bar. I had the same issue. It needs to be pretty damn tight. Mine became loose after i had lifted her and relocated the track bar.
Same symptoms.

haha although the name you gave it is fun i know from experience that it is not at all. Its called death wobble... just search for it on here and you will find plenty of information,tips, solutions just about everything. I think everyone has had some kind of experience with it.

Back