• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Insulating Exhaust Pipe Under Skid Plate.

MN-Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all,

Its been a while since I've posted here. Anyways, I currently have my Jeep torn apart doing some front axle work. While I have it out of the way I figured I would fix some other problems on my list.

I have a engine/tranny skid (dont know what brand, got it used) that attaches to the front control arm mounts and the crossmember. The exhaust snakes above it between the engine and transmission. Anyway, it seems to trap alot of hot air around the transmission tunnel. Would there be any reason why I shouldent just wrap some exhaust heat tape around the pipe where it is covered by the skid? As far as I can tell that should keep it cooler under there, correct?

My XJ has no carpet and is Herculined on the inside and without the skid there never used to be so much heat from around the tranny tunnel, but now that I got the skid it almost roasts me in the summer.

Brian

Back