• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fjs d44???

KSXJ

NAXJA Forum User
would this work for my jeep after I set it up for coils? currently set up for sprung over 79 jeep. Also what would be a good price on this.

Front W/T dana 44 out of 79 FSJ 3.54 gears

001_1324.jpg

CanMan said:
No, it is pass drop. Unless you run a D300 or another pass drop TC, then you could make it work.
Or re-tube it. Which would kinda be a waste of cash on a D44.

Shop around for a later 70s D44 from an F250. IMO those are the best D44s to swap into XJs if you want the full width. If not, you can always shorten it. There are a few other D44s out there that'll work under an XJ, but it'll have to be driver's drop unless you want to start messing with swaping T-Cases.

I have been reading on here, but you two are the first i found that it is a pass drop instead of drivers. Not that I am saying you are wrong, but how is everyone using them then?

KSXJ said:
just found that info, thanks. Could this guy be wrong on year and it be correct, I can't tell by the pic, but maybe you could.

If the axle was upside down, the drag link hole would be on the other side of the tie rod. Its on the pass side, which is correct, seeing that the pitman still connected would go over to the drivers side.

Back