• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ISN'T THIS NICE @#$%!!!

xjhd4me

NAXJA Forum User
well i decided that yesterday would be as good a day as any to do my zj disk conversion, and since i had everything apart i would change the outer seals. The whole job was easy and went great and then all of a sudden the brakes started to suck!! i go back home to check things out out find the the new seals are leaking, both of them, so needless to say i was very happy at this point. Before anyone asks i have put in seals before and yes they were installed the right way,and clean, and dry and everything else. So i call the parts store and ask them to look up the number to make sure they gave me the right ones, they did, they were motor city brand from advanced auto( i really hate that store by the way) those seals suck so i went to another store got a different brand of seals took everything apart again and now my problem is solved and my brakes are great. so i did a brake conversion twice in the same day and next weekend i'll be helping my father in law do his...maybe i can get ASE certified in this..haha sorry just had to vent

try to stick to national, SKF, or timken for seals, they almost never leak.

NOK makes good seals too but they are mostly for japanese cars.

I have a couple of old Kawi motorcycles that still have the original NOK's and they still don't leak....and they are 30 years old!!!

and yes they were installed the right way,and clean, and dry and everything else

Normally you need to prelube seals when you install, otherwise the friction will melt the seals before the lube gets to them.

Back