• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arm suggestions???

rosco

NAXJA Forum User
I have been looking at TnT Customs Radius arms for a while. I have heard good and bad, the bad being that radius arms "bind up" and don't offer as much flex, and the good being that TnT arms offer higher clearance than most others. I want some suggestions on long arms. What do you guys like? (money is not an issue) I want something that offers good flex, on-road comfort (very important), low noise transmission into cab (also important), and lastly, something that won't sacrifice too much clearance. I plan to run between 6.5" and 7" net lift. Thanks

If I were going to go to a longarm kit of any type, it would be TNT, second choice Rack Krawler.

I run 6.5" of lift with RE drop brackets. which does very well on and off road.

Claytons.... I know there are some "minor" issues you deal with when you are using the TNT crossmember if you have to work on the trany and what-not. I belive the clayton center section removes and the arms stay attatched to the outside of the brackets. The rig cant be moved like this but can be worked on much easier. I know John (avonteone) was working on matts (ixnayxj) rig and he runs the TNTs but when i came to swaping out the clutch was pretty much a PITA. I belive if it were not for the use of a lift it would have been dreadful. Kind of something to keep in mind i guess. I would ask both of the because John swears by the Claytons, I know matt likes his TNTs and me..... i aint got no long arms so why would ya listen to me?????? LOL. But i would ask them

I would belive they have better pics of flex but heres what i found on here with a quick search:

Matts
DSC00754.jpg

Johns
DSC_0400.jpg

Last edited:
This is 2nd hand Rusty's 6.5" lift long arms. so far I am quite pleased but only just got them on and did one trip. on road comfort is very good, off road flex is excellent. I'm pretty sure that my shocks limited any further travel - even though they are procomp long travel shocks. I might space them out a bit to get just a weeeeeee bit more flex....:)

And yes, YES, I KNOW, I KNOW I need bigger tires. I'm working on it!

I chose Clayton Hard-Arm and I am happy with it. Pictures are on a 30 degree ramp when I was trimming up the Bushwackers. It may have gone a little further but I snagged the compressed rear wheel's flare before it was trimmed. Tires are 35", lift is 8".

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

Vince said:
I chose Clayton Hard-Arm and I am happy with it. Pictures are on a 30 degree ramp when I was trimming up the Bushwackers. It may have gone a little further but I snagged the compressed rear wheel's flare before it was trimmed. Tires are 35", lift is 8".

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

What did that rear coil setup cost you?

I try not to think how much money I have put into my Jeep or how many extra hours I have had to work to pay for it. Looking at Clayton's current pricing I don't think the price has changed much. The rear coil conversion cost about $1000 more than a longarm+leaf setup. I reckon I would have spent more making my own, particularly if I didn't get it right first time. The lift kit with the rear coils was about $3000.

http://www.claytonoffroad.com/index.aspx?sdr=/get.doc.aspx&qs=LD:parts%20List&l=make!model!modelEx&p=Jeep!Cherokee!XJ

I ran Clayton's stuff on my TJ. Top notch stuff. Those that try and put it down surely haven't ran trails with it.

I put Rock Krawler's long arm on my MJ. It's maiden voyage is tomorrow so I can't comment on it yet.

I run claytons and haven't had any problems.
My buddy runs TnT and at full flex, the upper arm hits the driveshaft. Also the skid plate did not bolt up right, so he had to redo the mounts for that.
Scott

Back