• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 and coil spacers

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hey all. Finally finished my 8.8 swap by redoing the front with some 3/4" coil spacers to even the Jeep out.. and a 4.10 geared front axle to match the rear.

HPIM2123.jpg

HPIM2120.jpg

HPIM2121.jpg

HPIM2122.jpg

HPIM2124.jpg

They work great, but they're noisy as hell on the highway

looks like another win for the 8.8 vs. the d44 debate.

4.10s im assumin it came with the LSD as well?

and it may just be the pic but did u weld the axle tubes to the housing? If so good move, thats cheap insurance.

my next move on my 8.8 is to get a new diff cover..mine is a little bent up on the bottom. thing is made from tin foil!

Looks great man. Might have to look into some High Tec Retreads myself.

Yoda said:
looks like another win for the 8.8 vs. the d44 debate.

4.10s im assumin it came with the LSD as well?

and it may just be the pic but did u weld the axle tubes to the housing? If so good move, thats cheap insurance.

my next move on my 8.8 is to get a new diff cover..mine is a little bent up on the bottom. thing is made from tin foil!

It was welded already when I bought it, you can see the welds in one of the pics.. 4.10's, limited slip, disc brakes.

I'm waiting to see some modified JK Dana 44's in some XJ's. They changed them quite a bit, even the 30 too. Can't use standard D30 and D44 ring and pinions anymore and none of the parts (bearings, seals, etc...) are the same anymore.

Near as I can tell the weaker point (pinion) on the 44 has been made larger now.

Anyone know how wide those things are? Maybe they're too narrow.

Very nice car. I do like it very much. My XJ will be the same in a few months I hope so. See my pictures On fototime from yesterday with the new low b
udget hoodvents. Greetings from Holland (Europe).
Wim Hoppenbrouwers.

Here's another 8.8. This is in my cherokee, I also have 4.10s in it with a truetrac.
DSC03787.jpg

DSC03786.jpg

DSC03788.jpg

Hmmmm...I really want to install an 8.8 in my XJ but have practically NO fab skills. Is there anywhere kinda like currie that would sell 8.8's ready to bolt in???

XbajajeepX said:
Hmmmm...I really want to install an 8.8 in my XJ but have practically NO fab skills. Is there anywhere kinda like currie that would sell 8.8's ready to bolt in???

I havent found them. I got lucky and bought mine from a guy who's XJ got totalled, so it was already set up.

Its just a few brackets that need welding however, I think a shop actually might use lube on you for this job.

Back