• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is a TJ d30 a direct bolt-in swap?

condoor

NAXJA Forum User
Specifically a 2002 TJ d30 to a '00 XJ?

I found a good deal on one that's already geared an locked and want to know if it's a direct swap.

thx!
Chris

The TJ's have a low pinion axle that you don't want. I am pretty sure it is a direct bolt in though but your hi pinion axle is stronger and allows for a steeper driveline angle.

Yeah it'd be a low pinion to low pinion swap, but I'm not equipped to move brackets, control arm mounts, shock mounts etc. It seems like they would be identical, but would like to hear from someone that's done the swap and know for sure that it's a direct bolt in before getting this axle.

Jeepboy - XJs started coming equipped with low pinion 30s in 2000, so it'd be the same as what I have.

-c

Last edited:
It's a direct swap. I ran one for years in my 92 Woody with 6"/4.56/locked/35's. The gear strength isn't as good as a HP D30, but if it's a good deal, go for it.

Back