• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

once in a while miss when i start

generalleexj

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 2001 jeep cherokee limited 7" lift / drop brackets/ 100,002 miles on the odometer

every once in a while when i first start my jeep a cyllinder misses and makes it run like shit for about 25 seconds
its been doing this for a while so i figured id change the spark plugs and i did about 2 weeks ago, i replaced them with chamipions( which was same as i took out ) thinking that a tune up would fix it, but it still does it every once in a while, it set a code cyllinder number3 missfire and i cleared it and it hasnt set since, anyway my question is could it be the ignition coil, on mine its just a straight bar that plugs all 6 spark plugs in at the same time and contains the ign. coils. its 100.00 for a whole new rack, i was wondering if it would be smart to replace this because this is what i think could be causing the missfire
thankyou

Back