• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about mounting custom bumper

Jeepthing88

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i got my bumper almost done...and im just about to the point of where i need to attach the new bumper brackets to the frame...now i can see on the drivers side that there are 6 holes you can use easily that are threaded/have access to other side(3 for the orignal mounts and the 3 for the steering box brace. and then on the passenger side there are just the 3 from the orignal bumper mount. my question is how do i attach the new mounts to the uniframe where there is no existing threads...i cant just reach in there and weld on some nuts....how did you guys do this? the only other way i see is drilling all the way through the framerail and using long nuts and bolts. thanks for your help

by the way i used this template to make the mounts:
http://www.twisted-halo.com/digicam/...er%20mount.pdf

the hole at the farthest point of the bracket should be all you need on that side. The brackets pick up the steering box bolts just to reinforce that area.

if you want to use the other 3 holes on the passenger side you'll have to drill them into the frame, and place a bolt all the way through the frame rail.

You should probably sleeve it so you don't crush the frame rail.

Back