• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 and D44 yoke to center line numbers

TF8

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking at getting rid of my hack n tap and flanged adapters and was wonding if anyone knew the difference between the centerline of axel tube to centerline of pinion yoke on the chy 8.25 and the d44. I currently have a 8.25 and will soon be swapping in a 44 that I cant currently measure. Its more difficult than thought to measure with the axel still under the jeep and the axis off plane from each other. Just wanna make sure that my driveshaft measurements look okay. Thanks.

Tyler Forbes

The minor difference between the two is not important.The slip joint in the drive shaft will make up the difference.When I made the same swap I used a front drive shaft until the new rear CV DS was made.IIRC the DS running length was 34" ON MY Jeep.yours may be different
I also had the flanged cv ds converted as a spare,it was about 4" too short, the difference being the shorter yoked SYE compaired to the H&T sye and flange on the CV head.
Wayne

Back