• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop brackets & WJ arms

wascobi

NAXJA Forum User
I've been reading alot lately about the benefits of drop brackets. since I went to over 4" I've had steering issues. maybe this is a way to get back to close to stock steering feel. is anyone running drop brackets with say WJ LCA's? or I think some ZJ lca's had a clearance bend in them as well? should these be mated with WJ uppers as well? any benefits to them? loss of clearance issues? my pro comp arms are toast and I need to do something soon. or should I just follow the herd and install RE3700's and call it a day?:dunno:

wascobi said:
I've been reading alot lately about the benefits of drop brackets. since I went to over 4" I've had steering issues. maybe this is a way to get back to close to stock steering feel. is anyone running drop brackets with say WJ LCA's? or I think some ZJ lca's had a clearance bend in them as well? should these be mated with WJ uppers as well? any benefits to them? loss of clearance issues? my pro comp arms are toast and I need to do something soon. or should I just follow the herd and install RE3700's and call it a day?:dunno:
I have them with adjustable straight control arms and the steering with 35s is great now that I have went back to Radials. I'm actually putting in an entire new front end tomorrow and I'm replacing all the TREs , both Tie rods, Trac Bar , and bushings. It should really feel great after that. I busted my D30 housing so I have to swap that out and figured I'd replace the whole steering linkage while I had it all out. I shaved my Drop brackets too so it doesn't hardly ever scrape.
Brace.jpg

I have a full write up on my site of fitting WJ arms without cutting back the bushes. This can be a problem if you do that as the heat can weaken the vulcanizing onto the steel sleeve and also the narrower pocket of the XJ bracket can cause binding. So it is better to modify the bracket to fit the wider WJ bush.

with 4.5 " of lift you can run the stock arms and have pretty good angles .
i run the wj lowers and a upper adj with 6" of lift . the wj arms are nice i still have my full wheel to wheel lock with no rubing . the only proublem that i have with them is that the are limiting my flex beacouse fo the hight of the arms hitting at the brackets .
Camping032507147.jpg

Last edited:
Stock uppers as never heard someone running the WJ upper ones. Dont know if it is because they are the same or cant be used due to length or other fitment issue?

Back