• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

soo i just bought a lock rite for my d30........

2000xj4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I think i should have just saved up a little more for a no-slip. i have not installed it yet but thats only because i want something that is going to be decent on the street. this is for my dd and a friend of mine that works at the local 4x4 shop said that it was going to be hard to steer and more of a hassle than its worth on a dd. sooo now i have to make this decision wether i should sell it or install it. can someone give me and idea of how shitty it is on the street. Oh and i live in louisiana so i dont drive in ice or snow if that matters..

If it's a non disconnect... then it will be invisible on the street for the most part. I'm installing one soon when I get 4.88's installed. Where in LA are you? I'm in B.R., mine's a 2000 as well.

The only difference is going to be the sound,they work exactly the same otherwise!

RCP you have one? just wanna make sure it will be alright on the interstate at about 80. I have the hp non disco.
I live in mandeville where do you go wheelin around here? or in your case the baton rouge area.

Umm,I live in Phoenix?On the highway,when NOT in 4wd its not even "active".

as long as you have it in 2wd you cant tell its there besides the faint clicking sound which can be further muffled by using thicker gear oil.

i daily drove my lockrited 30 with 36s for a year.

yellow asked what part of la i live in because he lives in baton rouge.
well i gues i'll go ahead and do the install. So the only differance in 2wd is the noise?

No,the difference will be in 4wd,if you can even tell!

as long as you dont drive in snow, were in la wtf is snow, dont worry about it and slap that lock right in.

I go out with the guys on the LA4x4 forum. There are several clubs that use the forum, all over the state. Most of the more frequent runs are around the Hammond area on private land that the club has permission to use. Check us out: http://la4x4forum.ipbhost.com/

Last edited:
Back