• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the MJ has to go

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so my dad says my MJ has to go because we have too many cars (2004 Jag, 2003 Ram 1500, 2003 MDX, 97 XJ which is mine, and the 88 MJ) and he has to redo our insurance which with more than 4 cars he has to pay commercial pricing. This makes the payments more expesive and he doesn't want to the MJ to sit around uninsured so I must sell it. So here it is.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pag...ages/3/web/2391000-2391999/2391102_6_full.jpg

1988 Jeep Comance Pioneer
I6 5-spd 4x4
246,xxx miles
3 inch BDS suspension lift
JKS Quiker Disconnects
15x8 black rock crawler wheels
31x10.50R15 BFG All-Terrains (I know its pictured with muds but Im keeping those)
black aluminum diamond plate tool box

NOTE: THIS IS A PROJECT TRUCK! It can be a daily driver with some work but in order to be put back to original condition it will take some more work.

PROBLEMS: Ok so keep in mind the mileage and age of this truck and the fact that it has had quite a few owners. The real major problems that I see, besides any cosmetic problems, is I beleive it needs a new clutch or something else with the clutch because in 5th gear it goes about 45 MPH without reving too high, all weather seals need replacing due to age and dry rot, and the interior dome ligths need replacing because the are old and just crumbled when i tried to change the bulbs. Another recent problem is a wiring gremlin in the directional flashers and the hazard flashers don't seem to want to work however if I wiggle the wires at the fuse box they somewhat try to work.

GOOD NOTES: There is almost zero rust on this truck and anyone who has seriously looked for these truck should have noticed that for some reason these trucks rust like crazy especially around the wheel wells on the bed. this truck does not have this. The only rust is right on the edges of the front driver door and front driver fender where it looks like someone tried to fix a dent and sprayed some primer on it. The other area of little rust is around the door striker where someone very poorly welded the driver door striker back on. The weld holds but its just a really sloppy weld job.

I also have a cardomain.com account for it with more pics that you can go to and look at. I havent updated it in a while so some information may not soud right or may contradict what I have stated here but everything I have stated here is what you should go by.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2391102

ok so i cant figure out how to get the picture to show up in the thread i used to know how but i forgot because its been so long since i tried to do somethin like this

2391102_6_full.jpg

Ben824 said:
please buy my MJ i need the money!!!! its the most rust free MJ u will evere fnd cuz for some reason these things rust really bad

i would really like to have it and i hear you about the rust but it's to much for me , I got my 89' for $600 and it only had rust in the floor pan area. it's a very nice truck just to much for what i want to spend , good luck selling it.

ok so apparently some people feel that my price is too high well if it was a stock MJ then i would 100% agree with u but its not so i dont. the price i have set reflects the parts that have been installed and the price i paid for the truck when i got it. im not trying to make money here i just want to break about even. think of it this way if u bought a stock MJ u would be spending the money to do the stuff that has already been done to it and if u dont work on ur MJ urself then u would be paying for the priceof the parts and installation so u would actually be spending more money. also it says OBO which, for those who dont know what it means, means Or Best Offer soo make and offer i am trying to get rid of it so i might just take ur offer

i live in Roswell, GA. im currently away at college but i will be home saturday until sunday for the easter weekend. if u would like to talk about it or get directions u can call me at 770-364-2967 but try not to call after 7 pm because i may not be in a good state of mind to talk to you about the truck haha hey im in college

nope i fnally sold it. however if ur interested i also have a 98 Jaguar XJ Vanden Plas that im selling for $11,000 it has 77,XXX miles on it and is in perfect condition. my mom drove it when she would go run errands around town

Back