• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

problem with stroker.....

slabelle67

NAXJA Forum User
1989 renix stroker. only one problem after the test drive, i can't get this stupid smile off my face! runs great. only have about 15 miles on it at the moment but runs great so far. will get some pics up later for those that might remember the help they gave me on the forum..:thumbup:

Sounds serious.

I think the proscribed cure would be to remember you're driving a Jeep, and if it's not ticking, leaking, creaking, smoking or rattling, it's gonna be REALLY expensive to fix.

:D

i envy you and your new stroker. ive been meaning to tear into my spare 4.0 for the longest time. you wouldnt happen to have a build sheet with part numbers would you?

cheers

I can't put pictures up for some reason. Does anyone know how to upload pictures?

It is now a 4.6L renix version, and I got it from Titan Engines in Florida. $2800 (including core charge) shipped to my door in Washington.

Before: The guy I bought this from stacked two 2" ABS bushings on top of eachother and called it a 4" lift :doh:

oldjeep.jpg

And after: 4.5" RE Superflex with rear leaf springs, and a 4.6L Renix version stroker

jeep.jpg

Nice jeep, how much is the core charge on those titans?

How did you like the Titan engines?
Im thinking about using them when I stroke mine. How much was the core charge? And what came with it? I seem to recall that they only cost $2200 or so, but that might not have been included.
What cam did you end up using?

the titan stroker was $2100. shipping from florida to washington $350. and core charge $350. i ate the core charge because of the shipping cost back to florida would have been the same. so i just sold my old block here for $100. the cam is just a step above stock. sounds like a mild v8. has lots of torque and good amount of hp. im very pleased with the set up. you can order the titan motor with several different cam set ups, but i do alot of hunting, fishing and camping sort of stuff so this set up is what i decided to build. even with 3.55 gears and 31 or 32 inch tires, it will lay you back in the seat through all the gears. the long block comes with oil pump and full gasket set as well. you just bolt on all your externals etc.

Hope they didnt use a Crane Cam cause it will blow up with in a year or 30,000 miles :fuse: Have fun with the motor otherwise!

AARON

would you be as so kind to get it dyno'd for us. :D

that titan engine is rated 265 hp and 295 ft lbs by the way

I'm looking at getting one myself as my stock 4.0 is tired and way down on power and mileage, and is up on oil consumption

but hey, 330,000 miles will do that

MrShoeBoy said:
Hope they didnt use a Crane Cam cause it will blow up with in a year or 30,000 miles :fuse: Have fun with the motor otherwise!

AARON

With 4 years and 67,000 miles on my crane-camed 4.6, I have come to the conclusion that while failures may have occurred, they are not as widespread as the internet would have you believe.

Back