• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" BB, shocks?

JohnR

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I'm about to go outside and do the deed. I ended up getting 2" poly bushings in front, but will make a 1" spacer to go on top of that, and the s10 bastard pack for the rear. The local 4x4 shops don't stock shocks, so what should I go with? I went to autozone and looked at their shock book, g63424 was the shock for stock cherokees, but the eyelet was s1 (i'm guessing front stud) and bp7 (assuming barpin). The book said 12.5" closed, 20.3" extended. I looked through their entire book and didn't find any shocks that had those (s1,bp7) and were longer than my current shocks. Any ideas or part #'s for 3" longer travel shocks?

Both Rusty's and Rubicon Express have some decent cheaper shocks. I've ran both makes and have had an equal experience with them. Rusty's 3 inch front shocks are part #RX027 and rear RX026 and run $30 each. Rubicons DT3000 are for 3.5 inches and run you $150.95 for the set.

I'm trying to get something locally. The 4x4 shop here doesn't have any in stock. One guy did mention that F150 shocks were pretty much my shocks + 3

My local Autozone carries the 2" shock extenders, those could get you by until you can get new shocks. On the other hand one of the bastard lift treads either here or on jeep forum had a list of other shocks that would work.

Nice. I ended up getting 36" from the floor to the bottom of the rear flare, with 235/70r15's (came on the Jeep). Front is 35" (2" bushing, think I'm going to get ZJ coils for the front as well).

I called up Advance Auto, the part # 37193 brings up a big rotor? He went through the computer to check and came up with 37041 (iirc).

JohnR said:
I called up Advance Auto, the part # 37193 brings up a big rotor? He went through the computer to check and came up with 37041 (iirc).

Try http://racepages.com/

Alrighty, this is what I learned. The rears are correct, the fronts need a D after the end of the #. They didn't have them in stock, and tried selling me the 37081 which is also from an up-country v8 zj. I'll try another place tommorow. Getting some vibes at 3" though. Time for a sye :D

Back