• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yet again...Steering upgrades...(I know, I know)

Hatchet

NAXJA Forum User
OK guys first of all I have searched and found tons of awesome info. I have narrowed it down to 3 kits that seem nice and are withing my range. Rock Krawler X factor, JCR 1ton, Rustys OTK. What are some pro's and cons of each system? I notice the Rusty's kit doesnt get great reviews but it seems that most ppl are talking about older versions. Price wise it fits the best as I need a track bar and drop bracket as well (which it comes with). Performance wise RK and JCR both get great reviews. Is anyone running the Newest Rusty's OTK? I like the RK design very well but just wondering if it offers any real benifits over the JCR or Rusty's kit and where is the best place to buy rock krawler parts? Also having a problem with my power steering. Problem being there isnt any. I installed a PSC xtreme duty box and my pump seems to be turning and the fluid level rises and drops as I turn the wheel but it feels like there is NO power steering.

Thanks
Ian

I have the RK x factor 9''. It flexs VERY well but has undesireable highway characteristics if you dont keep everything tight, but that goes for all lift kits/ steering systems. I did a high steer setup with dedenbear ford flat tops, parts mike steer arms w/ correction, and lots of custom fab including a nifty steering stabilizer setup thats actually functional meaning i can tell a difference with it on vs. off. Sorry to ramble but yeah for the money i like the RK kit. If you have the money though go with claytons or RE, both are very wurthy:exclamati
HTH

Nickster said:
I have the RK x factor 9''. It flexs VERY well but has undesireable highway characteristics if you dont keep everything tight, but that goes for all lift kits/ steering systems. I did a high steer setup with dedenbear ford flat tops, parts mike steer arms w/ correction, and lots of custom fab including a nifty steering stabilizer setup thats actually functional meaning i can tell a difference with it on vs. off. Sorry to ramble but yeah for the money i like the RK kit. If you have the money though go with claytons or RE, both are very wurthy:exclamati
HTH

I don't think you understand. I was speaking of the X factor steering not the lifts...I am having a custom long arm kit being made by Roark fab works.

i would go rk but im a little partial they are right down the road from work,
beefy set up

Back