• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shims

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
Can I install 4* shims while I do my lift even though I am not installing a SYE right away???

How much an how are you lifting the rear? If you use the shims to tilt the nose of the diff up, you'll need a t-case drop to tilt the output of the t-case down to get the angles close. If you are using longer shackles, even the t-case drop may not be enough.

3.5" with leafs...I will be installing a T case drop until I can get the SYE...

Yes. I put shims in on mine with my t-case drop kit on when I wasn't planning on installing an SYE.

But, come to think about it, I don't remember what degree mine are.

Depnding on the exact design of the leaves, that combination should be OK. The idea is to have the t-case output and the diff input parallel to each other.

Ya gotta give more info here. If you are putting in a spring pack or an aal? shackles or leaving the stock ones? You buy a kit or peice it all together?

I put a 4.5 RC w/ AAL and shackle, trans drop and is totally fine without sye. No noticeable vibes. If you are putting in full 3.5 packs, no shackle and trans drop i would be putting in the 4 deg shim. The shackle adds some lift but also movement downward on rear of the sping to tilt the angle of the diff up. So there would be no need for a shim..... that make any sense??? But then again who am i ????? Just some idiot.:conceited

I will be putting the bastard pack/aal on for now...Until I get the full packs

Back