• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snowplow

The Merg

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone run a snowplow on their XJ? If you do, got pictures?
I'd be worried that the unibody wouldn't be strong enough without additional bracing.
Thanks.
Merg

for your home probably no issue, i wouldnt do it commerically (well unless you own a small shop, mom and pop store etc and want to do your own lot).

As of a few years ago the white house has white limited XJ 's with plows to do the white house grounds.

No commerical though !!! dont try to start up a plow business with a XJ as the begining truck.

well you are in marlland just the same climate as the white house .... so i figure it should be fine, for home use. Not like your in north dakota or minnestoa, or alaksa, or northern canadian provinces. You should be fine.

I am not sure what all is the preventitive measures though. Might want to brace up and or plate the mounting areas so you dont shear anything. Cant hurt if you can weld or have a buddy who does. Extra insurance.

I'm actually looking at it as more of a future mod, as there's a possibility I'll be moving to a remote area of NH where I'd be driving a couple miles of unplowed backroads in order to get anywhere.

Just throwing out feelers to see if it's been done and what more it would require.

Found a picture here

The Merg said:
I'm actually looking at it as more of a future mod, as there's a possibility I'll be moving to a remote area of NH where I'd be driving a couple miles of unplowed backroads in order to get anywhere.

Just throwing out feelers to see if it's been done and what more it would require.

Found a picture here

I'm always looking for unplowed roads to drive down. I plow them to axle height... I hate when the county figures out they missed one...

Back