• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift half way on.

DrSockMonkey

NAXJA Forum User
Hoowah! :clap: Started on friday night and now have the front done! haven't had much time to work on it. Got the two new bigger tires on the front. It looks so much meaner! I took it for a little spin to see how it drives, wasn't bad a little stiff. Weird thing was when I put it in 4wd it was hoppin and chirpin and started making bad noises from the transmission area.:eek: I took it out of 4WD and it stopped. Hopefully everythings ok. This weekend I will do the rear springs. I will update later with pics.

Jeremy

if you had bigger tires on the front thats probably why it was hissing and chirping @ you when you put it in 4wd

DrSockMonkey said:
Hoowah! :clap: Started on friday night and now have the front done! haven't had much time to work on it. Got the two new bigger tires on the front. It looks so much meaner! I took it for a little spin to see how it drives, wasn't bad a little stiff. Weird thing was when I put it in 4wd it was hoppin and chirpin and started making bad noises from the transmission area.:eek: I took it out of 4WD and it stopped. Hopefully everythings ok. This weekend I will do the rear springs. I will update later with pics.

Jeremy

Try to avoid doing that, t-case's dont like it and tend to go:explosion

Last edited:
Curses!! :smsoap: I underestimated the kindness of you people! I was just doin a little fishin, yanking some chains. Had this sweet pic all ready to go.

Lotsa%20Fish%20on%20Attu%20-1-%20%20042502.jpg

There is nothing worse than trying to be clever and ending up looking like a softheaded idiot.

HARDY HAR HAR HAR :wstupid:

Nice, you only got me because, professionaly I see people who do just that kind of thing and seriously wonder why there AWD/4WD/t-cases/centerdiffs. etc etc, dont like to work anymore. :doh:

The point is I didn't get you. You were very nice and helpful. Only People who reply with things like, "Nice work Dumba$$" would have been gotten. Hence, you have made... no rather exposed my stupid attempt at levity. Please don't make me explain further how stupid I am.

And now for something completely different.
42ncu4z.jpg

Looks great.

Avoid using 4wd until you have matching tires in the rear, the difference in tire size is why you're hearing the noises.

Now hurry up with that rear so we can see it! :p

DrSockMonkey said:

Nice work Dumba$$ j/k...
icon10.gif
hurry up so there can be some play time in the mud. And so theres one more rig to pull my still stock a$$ out of the mud

DrSockMonkey said:
Nope, lookin at a set of 5 used BFG MT 31" on rock crawlers for $300. I guess I will have plenty of spares.
You might also want to PM Avanteone. I was down at his shop yesterday and saw a decent pair of 31's he had available. I mentioned you were looking, but he may have gotten side-tracked.

-----Matt-----

Sweet! Just got off the phone! gonna have some Tires with black steelies! Thanks Matt. Now I have enough spares to donate one to GI-John if he still needs it.

Jeremy

IXNAYXJ said:
You might also want to PM Avanteone. I was down at his shop yesterday and saw a decent pair of 31's he had available. I mentioned you were looking, but he may have gotten side-tracked.

-----Matt-----

Which lift are you in the middle of putting on??? Is it the 3.5 RE?????
The Front Looks awesome!!!!!

I think its a rustys if I recall another post

It's a rusty's 3" with full rear spring pack. I did alot of research on the kit and almost everyone reports getting more like 4.5 -5 inches out of the back spring pack. A lot of people used poly spacers in the front to even the lift out. So I got a set of 2" RE coil spacers from Avanteone at a great price and have a total of 5" in the front. Now I know the back will settle over time so when this happens I will do a little longer shackle in the back. Total cost including shipping for Spring packs, Coils, Spacers, and Shocks was $521. Now I should mention that according to my research going this tall I will be needing,
Adjustable trackbar
SYE and Driveline
Extended brakelines
and probably more. I welcome any to chime in on my list as most of my info has come from searching the forums, and I may be leaving some stuff out. Thanks for the compliment. The front looks MUCH meaner :yelclap: . I hope to do the rear this weekend. So far I am pleased with the kit, with the exception of the shocks being short one bushing and bar pin.

Jeremy
flash2pablo said:
Which lift are you in the middle of putting on??? Is it the 3.5 RE?????
The Front Looks awesome!!!!!

Back