• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Missing bump stops

XJ Bob

NAXJA Forum User
The rubber portion of my front bumpstops are missing, they are not bouncing around inside the springs they are just gone.

Can I buy just that part and replace them or will I need to get the entire piece?

I have ordered my RE 4.5 lift and am planning to have it installed and would like to have all the parts I need so the shop doesn't have to waste time getting them.

Thanks

I have a RE 4.5 lift. My kit did not come with bump-stops. An interesting alternative recommended to me by a shop was to use two hockey pucks one on top of the other per side. I have not installed my lift yet but plan on trying this.

jeepnstuff said:
I have a RE 4.5 lift. My kit did not come with bump-stops. An interesting alternative recommended to me by a shop was to use two hockey pucks one on top of the other per side. I have not installed my lift yet but plan on trying this.

Someone must have forgotten to include yours with the order, because the Rubicon Express lift kits DO come with new front bumpstops:

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=188&Pn=2021&XnPath=173,180,188&Vid=98910D925007

Well as WheelinJr mentioned I need the factory upper bumpstop, the rubber part is missing. I have not even received my kit yet.

I just wanted to know if the rubber part was replaceable or if the whole bumpstop was "broken" and needed to be replaced.

I'll look into the adjustable ones.

Thanks

Back