• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 stock rim/tire question?

SC98jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hey fella's Im sure this question has been asked a million times but I don't have time to search this morning. Wife is out of town for business and I have a 2 year old running wild thru the house. Anyway was wondering what is the biggest set of tires I can get away with without a lift on stock rims on a 98 sport. Running 235/75/15's now and its driving me crazy......looks like a dang golfcart...lol. I saw a guy running what I think were 30's on the road the other day but Im not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....Now...where DID that young'un go?

SC98jeep said:
Hey fella's Im sure this question has been asked a million times but I don't have time to search this morning. Wife is out of town for business and I have a 2 year old running wild thru the house. Anyway was wondering what is the biggest set of tires I can get away with without a lift on stock rims on a 98 sport. Running 235/75/15's now and its driving me crazy......looks like a dang golfcart...lol. I saw a guy running what I think were 30's on the road the other day but Im not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....Now...where DID that young'un go?

30s and you will probably get a small bit of plastic rubbing if you flex it up much but not enough to hurt anything.
BTW, most 30s are only 1/2" bigger than 235s so it will still look like a golfcart.

Back