• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you guys think about this tire?

JP magazine seems to think highly of them. I've been considering getting a set to use for trails in a 31" size and keeping my 235 BFG ATs nice for the street.

I am running the 30x9.5 muds from hi-tech. I have been running them for 3 months,no problems. I have only had them in mud twice and they did fine in my opinion. I use my xj as a daily driver,about 1800 miles on the tires so far,no problems.

I ran 31's for a few years and realy like them. noise isn't to bad, tread wear not bad either, and you just can't beet the price. The only problem I had (my falt) was a little delamination, cause I drove with to low of tire pressure for a month. I check tire pressure alot now. If you can get the "green diamond" I will on my next set.

Ive got a set of 31" Hi Tec ATs w/Green Diamond.
Ive got them for a few months and put about 1500 miles on them. So far , so good. I got them to use almost strictly for snow and ice driving but I havent needed to do much of that this year. They seem to ride and handle as well as any virgin tire but they are UGLY. So ugly, in fact, that I would never put them on a nice DD for every day use. Hi Tec uses carcasses from various tires to "attach" their tread to. They grind the side walls down smooth about 3" or so down the side of the tire and adhere the tread to the ground down area. Maybe on a standard tire carcass, it wouldnt be noticable but they used Goodyear MTRs for mine and MTRs have those huge sidewall lugs, so they ground the lugs off further down the sidewall to provide a flat smooth surface for their tread to adhere to.
Anyway, the short of it is that Im very happy with their performance and ride. What little bit of slick road driving Ive done with them, they did very well. I just think they are ugly.

Back