• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T lockers-Tera locker?

rick_1710

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone out there running the T-locker from tera flex. Picked one up , just the carrier and need to know what switch and compressor I should get, and tank or no tank?Thanks

There are plenty of ways to do it. Any compressor will work, and use air switches. My setup uses an ARB compressor that has a very small integrated tank and a couple of air switches. The air switches are not just on/off, they are two position, since there are two air lines to each locker, one line to lock and another to unlock, so the switch chooses which air line to pressurize.

Do you have the pneumatic activator that mounts on the cover? Near as I've searched, it is a German part only. Not to mention the cover itself is pretty custom.

As the the G-man said, your pneumatic switch must apply pressure both to lock and unlock, unlike the ARB which only uses pressure to lock. Makes it a little harder to use electric solenoids to switch the air.

Fred

I'm fairly certain you can buy the switch at Grainger. You'll need to do a little research on pneumatics to find the right one. It's been a few years since I looked into it.

Parker is also a good place for hose and fittings.

Fred

Try calling a Teraflex dealer to see if they have the switches. There is a list of dealers on the Tera website.

StChevrolet said:
Try www.killeraxles.com
You should be able to get what you need from Daniel at Tibus Offroad
They have the same opinion of TeraFlex

No kidding, my guess is that Tera severed the relationship because Tibus' agreement wouldn't allow Tera to "borrow" the T-Locker design and farm it out to China....Tera has a history of this.

Back