• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

questions about lift and sye

kbradner

NAXJA Forum User
What exactly does a slip yoke elimanator do? How do I put it in, hard to install? right now I have a 4.5 lift running 33's with cut feners. I dont seem to rub since I cut the fenders but I want to go 6.5". What would I need to do to run a 6.5 lift? How do I know if I cut to much on my fenders for flares (bushwaker.)

Getting a slip-yoke elim. is a must when u go above 3 inches. Its not that hard to do. I used a hack n' tap on mine and it was very simple. I think its an RE part. U also need a CV driveshaft to stop all the vibrations that are caused by the extreme angle the driveshaft is gonna be in.

Also when cutting for bushwackers u should not cut past the pinch welds or u will see straight through into ur Jeep.

I think bushwackers are a waste of time but if ya like em go for it. I would presonally run TJ flares, or none at all.

will tj flares work? Yeah I already cut into the welds on the back too far, I guess I am gonna have to put some jb weld in there. I was just looking into some flares because I was trying to get it street legal, but I dont know what the laws are around here. We dont even have inspection so I should be alright. I am wondering if I already have the sye and cv because with 4.5 lift and 33"s I have no vibration at all.

What year is your XJ? 96's and later seem to be the most susceptible to vibrations after a lift install. XJ's have a slip yoke on the output of the transfer case. Upon lifting, this yoke is pulled out some and can cause vibrations. Changing the transfer case output shaft and yoke and adding a double cardan driveshaft is the fix for this. If your rear driveshaft has the double cardan at the transfer case end like the front driveshaft does, then you already have one. No XJ came with one from the factory; they are aftermarket items.

Back