• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj with tj flares

Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainRhino

NAXJA Forum User
i saw a pic of an xj with tj flares and now i cannot seem to find another one. i have just been given some oem tj flares and i want o check it out in detail before i do it. can anyone snd me some pics

I don't know if this is the one you saw but here are a bunch of pics. They still tuck well even with 3.75 bs

click to make them bigger

yup its 4 rear flares the front came out pretty good they look better in person. add a little black rtv to seal em up around the molding good to go. heres another couple of pics when I just had the fronts done

click to make bigger

I just installed TJ flares on my XJ this weekend. I couldn't seem to figure out how to get them to sit even with the body lines. I just decided to cut them right with the body line, where it ridges out.

the rears can be done better than I did the first time. The hint I have for anyone trying it is to cut as much of the inside of the flare as possible, and take more out of the middle of the flare and you'll be fine. But I'm sure if you do the rear TJ flares in the front and keep the stock rears it probably wouldn't look bad. Here's a pic of the front with no rears just picture the stockers and you're good to go cause the XJ gets norrower in the front by a good amount.

click to enlarge

I had trouble getting mine to fit the contour of the body near the bottoms where the body flares out so my first two flares I did (the fronts) have a bit of extra space there, but the backs look almost perfect. If you're going to do the TJ flares, take your time and trim them slowly a little at a time. Test fit, and repeat to get them just right. When they're done they look great, give you the extra clearence you need, add a bit of extra coverage AND they're cheap! Plus once you do em the first time, doing em again to replace them will be easy as pie. Much better solution then Bushwackers or Rusty's in my opinion.

Here is a "recent" pic that shows my Tj flares well:
newtires.jpg

I am very happy with them, I have drug them down many trees & all the get is paint scratches. (Krylon fusion fixes them good as new)

More pics here:
http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/jfiscus/89 Jeep Cherokee/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back