• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackles...Am I missing something?

splitz

NAXJA Forum User
Here's a pic of my stock shackles and my Rubicon Express shackles. Notice how small the diameter of the stock one is compared to the RE one. Am I missing a metal sleeve or something on the RE one?

If so, does anyone know what the part number is for that piece?

CIMG1107.JPG

Yes, there should be a metel sleeve that goes in the bushing. Should have come with them. If not, call RE, they might set you up with them for free.

Yeah try pressing them out of your stock shackles, grease em' up and press em into your new ones!
If you can't press them out of the stock ones just torch it a bit and the bushing will burn off :D

VinceYJ said:
Yeah try pressing them out of your stock shackles, grease em' up and press em into your new ones!
If you can't press them out of the stock ones just torch it a bit and the bushing will burn off :D

Assuming that the ID of the aftermarket bushing is the same as the inner bushing.

Use the part # I posted above, and call Rubicon Express and buy them

Back