• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

optima batteries

yikes

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking of upgrading my Cherokee and my optima is about 5 yrs old. I was thinking of not selling my cherokee with it.I was wondering if they last longer than a standard type battery ? I know more than 5 is pushing it on a regular type. How long have yours been lasting in a DD ?

Dave:repair:

Mine died the same time the warrenty expired-5 years.
Wayne

I've had two walmart duralast batterys last for 8 years now. One on my jeep and the other in a daily driver car. once a month i let a trickle charger charge them over night. No problems as of now. I think i got my moneys worth.

9 yrs with a Yellow top, and it's finally starting to give up the farm = won't start if left parked for a long weekend. And that is with regular winching and trail use. . . I'm going to try and retire it to starting duty on a generator.

my first lasted 7yrs , bought after 6 regular lead acid batterys within 2 years , none past free replacement, i now have 3 in service one in new libby diesel, one in my 93 cherokee and one in my dd 90 toyota 22r pickup ,toyota battery was a freebee from work warrantied out of used car on lot at work , to replace the bad acid battery that was still barely cranking the 22r with only 61 cca ,no misprint , just 61 cca would crank the yota, would have been a waist of money otherwise, all redtops btw,:sunshine:

I work for Interstate Batteries which is an Optima Distributor. They are taking a nasty price increase here very soon if anyone plans to buy one. I know wholesale cost on the red top is going up $25 and the Yellow is going up $20 as well. This is with ALL Optima distributors, one of the local parts warehouses has already had the price increase hit. Just an FYI.

BlueCuda said:
I work for Interstate Batteries which is an Optima Distributor. They are taking a nasty price increase . . .

As of today, best price I'm finding is about $110 on a Red Top, and $140 on a Yellow Top

August first Interstates wholesale will go up to $136 on a red and 150ish on a yellow.

Back