• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

it died

it_broke_down

NAXJA Forum User
My 90 jeep xj 4.0 died and won't revive and i don't know why. I give it hell before I took it to the girlfriends. I put gas in it and it just had a new tune up including filters and it died a mile from her house

Also, check to see, if you got a new fuel filter, if it got installed backwards, flow-wise. If you didn't get one, hmmm. Also, check all the underhood wiring all around where tune-up parts were replaced, in case something was damaged or knocked loose. Coil wires, ignition-related wires, major harness plugs, sensor plugs, etc. Was the timing adjusted? Cap and rotor replaced? I've seen shops do lots of weird things, like use wrong parts, install them wrong, break things and not tell a person, etc.

After that, I'd go to basic troubleshooting. Fuel, air, fire.

"try not to be a dick"

I failed.

Dude, what the hell, you started a thread with the exact same title a YESTERDAY. Many people responded, and now here you are, with another thread?
Thanks for wasting our time while giving you free help for your Jeep.
Did you even make an attempt to find the other thread, it was only on page three. Not to mention the other THREE no start threads on the front page. Ever bother checking those for suggestions that may help you? I bet not.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=906575
douchebag.

Last edited:
it_broke_down said:
My 90 jeep xj 4.0 died and won't revive and i don't know why. I give it hell before I took it to the girlfriends. I put gas in it and it just had a new tune up including filters and it died a mile from her house
Dude, you should totally find like an S-10 Blazer 2.8L motor and tranny and just swap that in. That'll solve all your problems with that notoriously unreliable 4.0 and AW4 combo you've got now.

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
Dude, you should totally find like an S-10 Blazer 2.8L motor and tranny and just swap that in. That'll solve all your problems with that notoriously unreliable 4.0 and AW4 combo you've got now.

-----Matt-----

ROFL!!!! Especially if you can get it for free and you've spent too much on your XJ as it is :)

Back