• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Wish List

bmyohn

NAXJA Forum User
This is my wish list I made for my jeep...tel me what u think
it may be a little ambitious but its a wishlist...so it probably wont turn out like this
2gs is a little steep for me..but over time it may be doable!!
is there better alternatives for some of the stuff i want to use???
is some of this stuff over priced???
any advice would be great
:cheers:
WishList.jpg

:thankyou:
Brendan

i know the tires are over priced...i couldnt find a actual price so i over estimated

buy used wheels....Found 4 Black "D" wheels that looked like new and 33" tires for $40 :)

great ideas...i just picked out new stuff off of companies web sites cuz i knew they would be there when i started checking stuff off of the list...but i will definetly hit up ebay when the time comes

thanks
Brendan

Many people don't rate Rusty's stuff very highly. It's worth the extra money IMO to go with a RE, RK or Clayton's suspension.

I know a lot of you guys are students or otherwise budget-minded, but on something as integral and permanent to your 's performance as suspension it's better to buy right the first time.

I've never run Rough Country's stuff, but I gather from the feedback I have heard that it's pretty much entry-level, budget-minded stuff. I try and keep a mindset that every mod I make to my XJ, I want to be a lifetime mod. Less tires and things that wear out naturally over time, I don't want to bolt anything onto my Jeep with the thought of, "It'll be good enough to get me by until I can afford the one I really want." I'd rather save up for a couple extra months and buy the product I really want. It won't be a budget XJ, but it will perform the way I want it to, and last for years.

I question your front bumper decision. That is a lot of money to spend on a bumper brace. Also, go with RE or Tera for a 3" lift. Much better lifts.

Don't forget a locker if you're going to use the vehicle off-road...

looks kinda like mine, brendan :D

untitled-1.jpg

edit: 100 posts :party:

also, I know these are overestimates, I did this very early one morning.

edit2: those should be 33 spline 44 axleshafts for 274.

Last edited:
Absdad said:
I question your front bumper decision. That is a lot of money to spend on a bumper brace. Also, go with RE or Tera for a 3" lift. Much better lifts.

Don't forget a locker if you're going to use the vehicle off-road...

it is a rear bumper...it would be my recovery with two D-rings and a rear hitch!!

congrats on the 100 posts Sharpie

i know i overestimated on the tires..but that way the price wont catch me by surprise...im leaning towards a Rough Country lift...its middle of the road and with the full spring packs it wont ruin the ride quality...for me RC isnt too expensive but its not wicked cheap either!!

bmyohn said:
what do u think about the Rough Country 3" Lift???

I'm using the RC 4.5" lift mainly because it was a very complete kit for really cheap, got it from JC whitney=free shipping. I am pretty happy with it, only down side really is that it has these sketchy brake line extenders, which reaallyonly stretch out the brake line, other then that I like it. I'd go with a different kit, just because then you can get greasable shackles,SS extended brake lines, possibly articulated arms, dissconnect swaybar links etc etc
I personallyhave nothing against RC and if all you want to do is go mudding then its great, once you get into rock crawling it isnt so hot.

I wouldnt get the center caps. They can be a pita, and will just get messed up if you wheel. But, if its a street machine, with just a couple wheeling trips per year, then they might be ok. Id save then $46 that they are and buy a tow strap or something like that.

bmyohn said:
what do u think about the Rough Country 3" Lift???

I got it, it's a good entry-level lift. Cheap & Tempory is how I'm looking at it. The shocks make you feel like your constantly driving in the rough country, Even on the street :looney: If you want something more permenant I would go with Rubicon Express.

i was looking to keep it to a 3" lift....i dont want to mess with all the other problems when u go above it...RC sells a 3" RE sells the 3.5"

Back