• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie Ford Falcon rear disc conversion

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
As most will know how I came up with a twin piston kit to fit the front brakes about a year ago with 300 mm rotors and PBR calipers or with 325 mm rotors and C6 Corvette calipers.
Well I was asked if I could come up with a current in production rear kit as well so I looked again to the humble Aussie Ford BA Falcon and came up with the kit below.
BArearBrakes04.jpg

BArearBrakes43.jpg

These are 303 mm rotors and have the handbrake inside the rotor and the kit will be sold complete and just bolt on with no modifications to be made to anything. Even the Jeep brake hard lines screw straight into a fitting at the end of a pair of ADR approved braided hoses. All the machining has been done on a CNC mill and lathe. The D44 axles will also come with spacer rings to give the correct tension on the bearing and seals. You can even fit these if you choose without pressing off the bearing if you are not wanting to change them.
The new calipers are surplus ones and can be power coated in red, yellow or blue or left standard and think even polished. The braided lines will have the color options the same as the front conversion. www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoFordBAdiscs1.htm The pads are a police compound same as used on the front Falcon BA conversion.
BArearBrakes41.jpg

BArearBrakes40.jpg

I thought the flex hose came up a treat. Pretty happy the way it turned out as it allows the hard line to be screwed right in. A lot of research went into finding the right ends to make this go so well and mount to the backing plate in a stainless steel bracket so no welding of a support bracket on to the axle housing is needed ;) It takes the imperial Jeep hard line at one end and the metric banjo bolt for the caliper at the other.
BArearBrakes44.jpg

BArearBrakes48.jpg

BArearBrakes50.jpg

You can see all the details on my site in the brakes section near the bottom.
www.go.jeep-xj.info

Can this be made to fit the Chrysler 8.25 rear axle?

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

Yes they can be made to fit a 8.25 without any mods at all but was not menitoned in the write up as those axles were never offered here. All XJ's came with D35's and ALL Tj's come with D44's.

Back