• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer case vacuum lines

Paul R

NAXJA Forum User
Is there anyplace I can get a COLOR diagram of where the hoses go? I have an 89 XJ.

The yellow line on the axel is broken off into the connector. I think I can fix this with some rubber tubing and place it on the outside of the connector and over the yellow hose itself with some tie wraps to secure the connections. Then in the engine compartment I have a white vacuum line that is plugged.

Any ideas where the white hose goes? And photos or help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Paul

I had the two hard lines break about 1" from the tcase connector. Used some rubber tube and a little rtv to help keep it together. Works great.

I canot remember the colors but one line goes to a tee on the line between the vacume bottle (under front bumber) and the tcase. One goes directly to the tcase. Can't remember the other off the top of my head.

I'll check on the white line to night if someone else hasn't answered by then.

From the FSM. No colors listed in the FSM (Engine Chassis & Body) they are from my 89.
Vacuum to Font port to disengage. (green)
Vacuum to Rear port to engage. (yellow)
4wd indicator lamp from port on smaller diameter. (white)

I hope the ascii drawing helps.

Code:
             Rear
          __|_
  Front -|    |  Lamp
         |    |_|_
         |    |___|----
         |    |
         |____|

Thanks Dave,

Where under the hood does the white line connect?

Mine currently has a screw plugging the hole.

The yellow line is broken and I plan on fixing that with some gas line and zip ties (I hope) as it is broken off in the connector on the axel.

Thanks again,
Paul

Back