• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5" lift and tapered lift blocks

xjh3

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I have a have a 1.5" TeraFlex BB with two coil spring isolaters in the front to get me about 2.5" in the front and the shackle with a 1" block in the rear. The shackle has caused my springs to sag to a little below 2" and I want to eventually plonk down the cash for an AAL this summer, but dont have the extra cash to do it right now as I am a poor college student.

I want to put some 2" blocks in the rear to get things more level, if not a tad higher in the rear. I am a mechanical engineering student, and there is a machine shop on campus. I know of other kids that have drawn up on solid works things they wanted machined and the work was done for free with scrap metal.

So, my question is:

If I draw up these blocks and get them machined, should I include a taper to help my pinion angles, or should I just leave them the way they are?

**I am aware that blocks are not healthy for your springs. This is a temporary and FREE fix until I can afford AALs. I don't do much wheeling anymore or carry much heavy stuff so I'm sure they will be fine for a few months.

Thanks in advance!

The only way to know is to measure your pinion angle and make an estimate of what it would be after adding another inch of block, then figure accordingly. There's no way for anyone here to answer intelligently whether or not you'll need to shim it. Oh, you can get comments, but they won't mean anything. There is enough difference in spring height between various rigs that someone else's experience likely won't mean anything.

Personally, I'd snag a leaf or two out of someones discarded (or junk yard) leaf pack and add it in to yours, then you don't have to mess with making blocks or spending money on an AAL.

Back